Village Clerk

The Village of Freeport Absentee Ballot Application that is available on the Village Website is to be used for the Freeport Village Election only. The Board of Elections provides Absentee Ballot Applications for County, State, and National Elections.

Village of Freeport Absentee Ballot Application (VILLAGE ELECTIONS ONLY) (PDF)

Solicitud de Balota Para Voto en Ausencia de la Villa de Freeport (VILLAGE ELECTIONS ONLY).(PDF)

Please contact the Board of Elections at 516-571-VOTE (8683), 516-571-2411, or fax 516-571-2058 and/or visit the Board of Elections website to obtain an absentee ballot application. 

Polling Stations in Village of Freeport

The Village Clerk is the records management officer for the Village of Freeport, responsible for the filing and retention of village documents, including Board of Trustees minutes, Zoning Board of Appeals minutes, Planning Board minutes, and Site Plan Review Board minutes, as well as the minutes for the various boards and commissions of the village.

The Clerk's Office issues permits and licenses for:


Licenses & Applications

The above licenses and/or permits require the completion of an application and payment of a fee. Please check with the Clerk’s Office for the appropriate fee.

Additional Resources

In addition, under the Freedom of Information Law, the Clerk’s Office processes all requests for village documents.

Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) Requests

You may download the FOIL Request Forms (PDF). After you complete the form, please send via email ( or by USPS (regular postage) to: 

Village Clerk
Inc. Village of Freeport
46 N. Ocean Avenue
Freeport, NY 11520


The Registrar’s Office issues certified copies of Birth Certificates (PDF) and Death Certificates (PDF) for persons who were born and/or died within the Village of Freeport. A New York State Department of Health application form must be completed and proper photo identification must be submitted to obtain these records. There is a $10 fee for each certified copy of either a birth certificate or death certificate. The Registrar also issues burial/transfer permits to funeral directors.

A Marriage License can be obtained from the Town of Hempstead. Freeport does not issue marriage licenses.

Decisions 10-25-22

Decisions 8-9-22

Decisions 7-12-22

Decisions 5-24-22

Decisions 5-10-22

Decisions 4-26-22

Decisions 4-12-12

Decisions 3-22-22

Decisions 2-22-22

Decisions 1-25-22

Decisions 1-11-22

Decisions 11-30-21

Decisions 11-9-21

Decisions 9-28-21

Decisions 8-17-21

Decisions 6-22-21

Decisions: 5-25-2021

Decisions: 4-27-2021

Decisions: 4-13-21

Decisions: 3-30-21

Decisions: 2-23-21

Decisions: 1-24-23

Decisions 2-28-23